Sky Guide - Kerfoot Canopy Tour
A Sky Guide is responsible for ensuring the safety of the guest as well as providing exceptional guest services through a sincere and caring first name basis. Additionally, this position should do everything possible to make the guest feel important and cared for, finding creative solutions with a can-do attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily opening and closing procedures of the zip-line course.
- Conduct inspections of all course components and gear.
- Fit harnesses, helmets, gloves and brake pads correctly and supervise the use of all safety equipment.
- Conduct pre-tour safety orientation for each group.
- Demonstrate proper riding position.
- Perform course retrievals and rescues.
- Assure the safety and wellbeing of each guest throughout the tour.
- Engage each and every guest to ensure a memorable experience.
- Identify and assist with course maintenance efforts.
- Attend scheduled meetings and in-services.
Skills and Specifications
- Must successfully complete and pass Kerfoot Canopy Tour zip-line training course by Challenge Design Innovation.
- Guest Service driven.
- Good communication skills and professional presentation.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively.
- Must have great attention to detail to ensure guest safety and overall enjoyable experience.
- Honest, respectful and trustworthy.
- Works well in a fast paced environment.
Age and/or Experience
Must be 18 years of age or older and prior experience with outdoor recreation, athletics, educational roles and zip lining a plus.
All Sky Guides are expected to work in a fast paced, physical, social, professional and team oriented work environment. The work environment is primarily outdoors in climates from 0 degrees Fahrenheit to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Sky Guide position is seasonal year round, part-time position with peak hours (25-35/week) during the summer/fall months.